«¯§ Þ Ô.ö k¬»: Iso Day 5

Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Iso Day 5


Theme - I R O N Y
 
As another day blips past way too quickly, slept in until 11am. I cannot help but think of the irony of my quarantine situation. Though I am in theory isolated for 14 days, the Victorian reality of restrictions is much more severe. Here I can walk outside my room after 9pm, there's no curfew. In the last four days I've met 7 new people with extremely interesting backgrounds. Making new friends in person is pretty much impossible in Melbourne given the situation. I also don't have to worry where my next meal is coming from, as it's all organized and am very blessed work is paying for all this. And up here, COVID doesn't exist (kinda). 

The nostalgic childlike joy of running-to-the-letterbox-to-see-what-the-postman-has-delivered-vibe is being relived. Between 5pm-7pm our meal for the night and next day is delivered onto our doorstep, and you first know its coming from the sound of the wheels on the food carts. The anticipation of what is going to be in my parcel is a simple pleasure but a highlight. Probably shows I love food, and especially if its free. :P Ive decided, although I don't like wasting food, I probably shouldn't eat all of it, as I'm not needing all the energy and have too much of it. 

There's a peace here as well. Rest and recovery. Away from family , away from work, away from industry for 14days. Spending more time in prayer for friends and church. 

Today's a short day. Forgot about the time difference and missed 30minutes of learnings about middle ear disease on zoom, will take a work phone call, social phone call and watch SURVIVOR!!! 

Had a lovely chat with the psychiatrist opposite from me, which involved exchanging research. *link* and me whipping him to finish his report writing by dinner. 

Tomorrow will be a more productive day ><"

 binge list_
I'm about 6 episodes in now and am thoroughly enjoying it. reason being im a nerd and the series does capture the dynamics of mutant vs human complexities the comics raise. Always a delight to try and guess the new mutant that pops up each episode also.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home