«¯§ Þ Ô.ö k¬»: Iso Journeys Day 1

Friday, August 27, 2021

Iso Journeys Day 1

a super empty skybus rank
 

Arriving into the purpose built quarantine centre before relocation for essential health care work was rather an interesting experience.  No issues on flight and the meal was a lot better than I remembered. Hot food + juice yum!


Caught the  movie "The Dry" with Eric Bana which was refreshing to hear all the Aussie accents. Was an interesting watch, and the editing/cinematography was simple yet reflective of the vast rural landscapes. The music editing and sound mixing was what gave this film tension and a dynamic edge. A simple plot yet it kept you intrigued enough to finish the movie.  


took about 2 hours to get from airport to the facility. Slow, hot, but orderly. We weren't really in a rush. though the chocolate snacks in my bag have all melted. its surprised me this place has on demand movie streaming, decent wifi and hot meals for dinner delivered with next days breakky and lunch to pop in the fridge. Comfy bed. got everything i need! Feels like tiny home, work from home.

 



I'm just chilling,  chatting to my iso neighbors . Really fun actually.  Ones a navy captain,  another is oil rig engineer, one guy locked himself out of his room. 

Us on the verandah chit chats 

'good morning did you have a good sleep'  oil rig guy
'did you remember your key?' navy guy as he looks in my direction
'of course she did,  she's a woman,  they're smart 'oil rug guy 
'I'll have to write your names down,  I forgot my hearing aids '  lady two doors down
"oh im an audiologist" - me
"sorry about yesterday I have pants on today,  I just got so comfortable in my jocks and sat outside " oil rig guy to the lady neighbor without hearing aids. 

we are like a bunch of adult kids on school camp hahahaa.
someone's pumping out some tunes in the next block, others on their hammocks.

chill vibes
day 1

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home