«¯§ Þ Ô.ö k¬»: ohalala....Prometheus ?!

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

ohalala....Prometheus ?!


 Well, first things first...
I wasn't exactly paying that much attention in this movie, which was surprising, since I usually do get sucked in, or I analyse it and there is eventually the suspension of disbelief.

Don't get me wrong, I stayed awake and there were some really gross ew moments. But it was more that fact that the wasn't lost in the movie, I wasn't alongside the characters. I was 100% conscious that I was sitting in a red chair at Hoyts and there were others around me watching a screen. And that feeling is rare for when I watch movies.

LOVED the opening sequence. bravo , until it got to the DNA transitioning into the cell spilting coz content wise that makes no sense. Loved it because of the soundtrack/music (FRENCH HORN SOLOS OH  YEAH!!!!!) over gorgeous landforms. Reminded me a lot of Solaris (1972).

I am disappointed it didn't play up the human psyche in terms of what Solaris did. Origin of life, robots, humans, free will, politics, family inheritance etc etc are big ideas what could have been played out much much more.

I like the custome design.
I like Fassbender's acting, as usual. Instant recognition that he is a creep and not human. Did not quite understand why the robot would get the scientist to drink that black blob substance though..that was weirdo. Do andriods have a sense of fun/curiosity to learn off? Also why put in that sense where he is eating??

Disliked _
.not that much character development despite a slow moving beginning
.you are scientists, why the heck do you take off your helmets in a foreign planet?!?! you wouldn't take em off in space.. duhh
.two characters getting killed of quite early on....seriously??? you have been sleeping for two years or however long and you are that stupid to get killed off the way you did? Considering the context revealing prior they had the perceived personality to flee at sight of danger. Unless that was all a facade and they had their own agenda for leaving the group..fair enough..but if that was true, don't kill off characters that quickly >.>

Overall it was pretty good. 1/2 stars
I was also partly quite distracted in the film thinking of how good a Jean Grey (Xmen)
Noomi Rapace would have been. lewl ><"

on the side_
had a little fun myself after the movie, running around the tunnels of Forest Hill CarPark. AS IF LOCK YOUR DOORS BY 7PM?!?! Had to call security to let us down levels and open the gates. How embarrassing. There was no signage at teh entrance to suggest it closes at 7 =.= some levels also had a wretched smell and it would have helped if we had those suits from the movie =P

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home