«¯§ Þ Ô.ö k¬»: queen vs oprah

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

queen vs oprah



Ah lets see what happened this Wednesday.
took what i thought would have got me into work early but unfortunately niu...metro you are so uncool, especially with the change at Richmond thing.. ugh.

nevertheless, was able to bump into my first year optics friends. interesting train ride to start the day, really wanted to sleep for half of it, and catch up with Moore College readings and Psalms but.. witnessing to friends is just as important =P
"i thought you were younger than me" - friend of friend who was 19?
sheesh.. do i really look that youthful 0_0
"yer, when i found out she was in 5th year, i was *jaw drop* for the rest of the day" - Amanda

i was *jaw dropped* when i found out my optics demonstrators were also in their 5th year of Melb uni.. but they are IN THEIR PhD!!!! -_____- geez, im unaccomplished much lol.
but not that success was something that was on my mind, it was more like embarrassment of hassling them for the whole semesters for answers, having now found out they are the same age as me Y_Y

train ride continues with me trying to get my phone screen working>.> getting a new one is no where near my priorites right now, so yer, most ya guys know my screen blanks out when it feels like it. Am I living behind the times, if i want a non-touch screen phone with tactile buttons?

anywho.
"optics resutls are out" - A
" REALLY?!?!?! when? " - me
"yesterday" - A
" checking now " - B

hmm..i guess smart phones are handy. ZOMG THANK YOU 27/30 !!!!!!!!!! graduation looks slightly hopeful ><" ah boy, calculus in exam is not going to be pretty -.-

anyways... getting to the title of this post. Queen vs Oprah.
as happenstance shall place me, upon both sorta-important-to-the-world-persons popping down to Fed Sq for a visit, I was working. yay. extended lunch break. =]

noted:
1. the queen is a lot shorter than i expected
2. her mob of security really hid her from being seen well, as she is so little
3. being 2 meters away from her didn't excite me as much as being in the same room Stan Lee will be in the follow day lewl. =P
4. she actually pulls off a bright pink suit
5. crowd wise, there was plenty of walking space in Fed Sq. and compared to Oprah coming.. woah. I was sandwiched, couldn't even make my way back in to Acmi after lunch.
hmm..is that saying something? lol
she gets a special clean tram to exit. grrr.. that isn't the real melbourn experience lol.
*wants to sit on this clean tram going to uni*

"Oh, apparently the Queen is coming. I don't care, I'm here to see the exhibition, I'm American" - visitor at Acmi. lewl one of the small things that made my day.

in other more exciting news_
upcoming Acmi exhibition "Game Masters" next winter..
International & Local developers who have had a major influence on the gaming industry
*link*

i was wondering when they were going to do another one, since Game On in 08 attrached 120000+ visitors.

..and the crowned Prince of Norway was at IHouse today. zaaaaargh. still suffering from berkeley blues.Y_Y

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home